Cisco C881/K9 Router Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) combine Internet access, security, voice, and wireless services onto a single, secure device that is simple to use and manage for small businesses and enterprise small branch offices and teleworkers. The Cisco 880 Series delivers features including firewall, content filtering, VPNs, and Wireless LANs (WLANs) at broadband speeds to small offices. Easy deployment and centralized management features enable enterprises or service providers to deploy the Cisco 880 Series in small branch offices or small businesses.
Integrated Services Routers Overview
Cisco C881/K9 Integrated Services Routers are fixed-configuration routers that provide collaborative business solutions for secure voice and data communication to small businesses and enterprise teleworkers. They offer concurrent broadband services over third-generation (3G), Metro Ethernet, and multiple DSL technologies to provide business continuity. Wireless 802.11n and 3G offer LAN and WAN mobility. The routers provide the performance required for concurrent services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, content filtering, and encryption for VPNs; optional 802.11g/n for mobility; and Quality-of-Service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications. In addition, the web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies setup and deployment. Centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility and control of the network configurations at the remote site.
Cisco C881/K9 Integrated Services Routers offer:
● High performance for broadband access in small offices and small branch-office and teleworker sites
● Collaborative services with secure analog, digital voice, and data communication
● Business continuity and WAN diversity with redundant WAN links: Fast Ethernet, Multimode G.SHDSL (Ethernet in the First Mile [EFM] and ATM), Multimode DSL (very-high-data-rate DSL 2 [VDSL2] and Asymmetric DSL 2 and 2+ [ADSL2 and ADSL2+, respectively]), 3G, and ISDN
● Voice-enabling features:
◦ Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (5 user), which offers innovative key system and small Private-Branch-Exchange (PBX) capabilities for small and medium-sized business customers
◦ Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) voice continuity for enterprise small branch-office and teleworker sites
◦ Cisco Unified Border Element (Cisco UBE) IP-IP voice gateway functions for connecting to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking services as a replacement for Primary Rate Interface (PRI) or Foreign‑Exchange-Office (FXO) voice connectivity to the service provider. Note: Cisco Unified Border Element support for the Cisco 880 Series has feature limitations as compared to the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) Routers. Go to https://www.cisco.com/go/cube for the full set of Cisco Unified Border Element features. Cisco Unified Border Element limitations on Cisco 880 Routers are listed later in this document.
● Enhanced security, including:
◦ Firewall with advance application and control for email, Instant Messaging (IM), and HTTP traffic
◦ Site-to-site remote-access and dynamic VPN services: IP Security (IPsec) VPNs (Triple Data Encryption Standard [3DES] or Advanced Encryption Standard [AES]), Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN), Group Encrypted Transport VPN with onboard acceleration, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN
◦ Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): An inline, deep-packet inspection feature that effectively mitigates a wide range of network attacks
◦ Content filtering: A subscription-based integrated security solution that offers category-based reputation rating; keyword blocking; and protection against adware, malware, spyware, and Uniform Resource Locator (URL) blocking
● Four-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet managed switch with VLAN support; two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points
● Secure 802.11g/n access-point option based on draft 802.11n standard with support for autonomous or Cisco Unified WLAN architectures
● Newer Cisco 880 Series (part numbers C881-K9, C886VA-K9, C886VAJ-K9, C887VA-K9, C887VAM-K9 and C888-K9), which are fanless, providing a quiet, comfortable working environment in small offices
● CON/AUX port for console or external modem
● One USB 1.1 port for security eToken credentials, booting from USB, and loading configuration
● Easy setup, deployment, and remote-management capabilities through web-based tools and Cisco IOS Software
Be the first to review “Cisco C881/K9 Router”