Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point with PoE Overview
In today’s dynamic business environment, employees are becoming more mobile and collaborative than ever. To stay productive, they need dependable, business-class access to network applications throughout the office. The Cisco® WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point provides a simple, cost-effective way to extend secure, high-performance mobile networking to your employees and guests, so they can stay connected anywhere in the office. This flexible solution lets you connect dozens of employees, and can scale to accommodate additional users and changing business needs.
The Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point uses concurrent dual-band radios for improved coverage and user capacity. The Gigabit Ethernet port allows the AP to be powered by PoE switch to help reduce cabling and wiring costs. Intelligent quality-of-service (QoS) features let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic for voice‑over-IP (VoIP) and video applications.
The Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point is easy to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. An attractive desktop design with an integrated stand allows you to place the AP on your desk vertically or horizontally.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information, the Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point supports both Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Personal and Enterprise, encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition, 802.1 X RADIUS authentications help keep unauthorized users out.
● Concurrent dual-band radio support for up to 300 Mbps per radio to maximize capacity and coverage.
● Single Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface enables a high-speed uplink to the wired network.
● Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue-access-point detection, helps protect sensitive business information.
● Simple installation and intuitive web-based configuration and wizard enable fast, simple deployment and setup in minutes.
● Desktop design with integrated stand, for easy access and placement.
● Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance.
● Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
● Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
● Support for IPv6 lets you deploy future networking applications and operating systems without costly upgrades.
● Limited lifetime hardware warranty provides peace of mind.