D-Link DAP-1160 Wireless G Access Point 2.4GHz on 2.4GHz 4 x Fast Ethernet LAN Ports
The D-Link DAP-1160 is a wireless Access Point (AP) compliant with the IEEE 802.11g standard. By connecting the DAP-1160 to a broadband router, users will be able to share high-speed Internet access wirelessly and create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, video, printers and network storage.
Based on the Realtek RTL8186 chipset, the Wireless G Access Point can be upgraded with any bespoke firmware based on the provided Software Development Kit (SDK)*. This allows programmers to make full use of the 4MB Flash memory and 16MB SDRAM to include advanced features of their choice.
Wireless Network and Data Protection
The DAP-1160 provides 64/128-bit WEP encryption and WPA/WPA2 security to protect your network and wireless data. In addition, it also provides MAC address filtering and the ”Disable SSID Broadcast” function to prevent outsiders’ access to your home or office network.
The DAP-1160 can be configured to operate as:
○ an Access Point to act as a central hub for wireless users
○ an AP Client to connect to another Access Point
○ a Workgroup Bridge to join two workgroups together wirelessly
○ a Workgroup Bridge with AP to act as wireless hub and a bridge at the same time
○ a Repeater to extend the wireless coverage to cover all “dead spots”
Be the first to review “D-Link Wireless G Access Point DAP-1160”